Do you love a good granola? I do! I love all the different flavor combinations I can make…. Way more than I can find in the store. You can do so much with a great granola… sprinkle it on yogurt, eat it right out of the container as a snack, pour milk over it, top a smoothie bowl with it, even make bars out of it!
This recipe is for my granola base. It is the best and so easy to make.
You can mix and match any combination of nuts, fruits, and spices to create your own flavor profiles. I like that I can control the amount of sugar and additives by making my own granola.
When I was selling at the farmers market I would almost always sell out! I used the seasons as inspiration, fall, winter, summer and spring. I used different combinations that’s tasted like each season. Give this recipe a try and let me know how you customized it!
Kat’s Gluten Free Granola Base
- 3 Cups GF rolled oats
- 1/2 Cup Local Honey
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup seeds of choice: pumpkin, sunflower, sesame,
- 1 1/2 Cups nuts of choice: almond, pecan, walnut, ect
- 1 Cup dried fruit of choice: raisins, cranberry, cherry, apricot ect
- 1 1/2 teas spices of choice: cinnamon, nutmeg, ect
- Heat honey, sugar, and oil together over medium low heat, stirring frequently, until melted and well blended
- In a large bowl mix oats, seeds, nuts and spices
- Stir in sugar and oil mixture and mix well
- Spread out evenly on large baking sheet line with parchment paper
- Bake at 300F until light golden brown stir once half way through.. about 20 minutes
- Carefully pour into large heat resistant bowl*
- Stir in dried fruit
- Cool completely then store in an airtight container
- Winter: dried cranberry, almonds, pumpkin seeds, cardamom
- Spring: dried apricots, pistachios, sunflower seeds, nutmeg
- Summer: dried cherry, sunflower seeds, pecans, cinnamon
- Autumn: dried apple, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, pumpkin pie spices
*If you prefer chunky granola, take pan out of oven, press granola firmly with spatula and let cool completely on the pan. Then break apart and add fruit.